In a world full of weirdness existence of these laws might not be a surprise. But reading these dumb laws surely made me question
‘What were they thinking?’
‘Were they drunk?’
Or ‘Is this the outcome of some weird truth or dare game?’
The exact reason for existence of such kind of law might be difficult to find. However, we bring you the list of weird laws that actually exist around the world.
1. You could be sentenced to 25 years in prison if you cut down a cactus in Arizona
2. In Rhode Island you may not sell toothpaste and a toothbrush to a same customer on Sunday
3. In Indiana it is illegal to attend a public event or use public transport within 4 hours of eating an onions or garlic
4. In Arizona if you are caught stealing a soap then you must wash yourself until the bar of soap is completely used up
5. In Eureka, Nevada it’s illegal to kiss a woman if you have a moustache
6. In Dubai, extramarital sex is against the law and could result in jail sentences for over a year. This means that in rape cases, both the victim and the suspect could end up being charged with the same crime.
7. Divorce is illegal in Philippines and The Vatican
8. In Montana, “proxy weddings” are allowed for those serving in the military, which means a friend can pretend to be the groom or the bride and the union will still be considered valid. In some cases both the bride and the groom are absent
9. In Arkansas there still exists a law that states a husband is allowed to beat his wife, but only once a month
10. In Vermont, a wife needs the husband’s permission to wear false teeth
11. In Hong Kong, there’s a law that allows a wife to kill her husband if she finds him cheating. However, she must kill him with her bare hands
12. In Florida, it’s illegal to fart in a public place after 6pm on a Thursday
13. In England it is illegal to die in the House Of Parliament
14. In Samoa it is illegal to forget your wife’s birthday
15. In Victoria, Australia, it is illegal to change a light bulb unless you’re a licensed electrician
16. Bangladeshi children of 15 and older can be sent to jail for cheating on their final exams
17. In Switzerland, it is illegal to flush a toilet after 10pm
These are just few of the many weird laws which we found funny. You can do your additions in the comment section below.